Moving to a new country can be quite an undertaking. If you want to make your transition as easy and seamless as possible, you need to take the proper steps in order to make sure that everything makes it safely from one location to another. This involves packing up all of your belongings and shipping them overseas. This is not something that you should attempt without doing some research first. You need to know what needs to be done in order for everything go smoothly.
The two most important things you need to pack and ship your belongings!
- Find a moving company – You need to find a moving company, pack everything and then arrange the shipment of your items. However, there are some things that you can do to make this process easier and faster. One of the most important things you’ll need to know is how much your belongings weigh. When getting a quote for shipping, companies will provide you with information on how much your items weigh so it’s incredibly helpful to weigh them yourself.
- Packing & Labelling boxes – Before you start packing, take a day off of work and organize. If you don’t have the time to transfer everything from your old home into boxes, simply group similar items together. There are merchants available also who will pack and ship your products for you at fair prices.
What items should you pack and ship?
- Glassware – It’s very sensitive and should be packed separately from other things.
- Framed pictures – Ensure they are properly protected so they don’t break.
- Musical instruments – They may need special attention so you may want to consider packing them yourself.
- Electrical appliances – Whether it is a washing machine, blenders, or any items which are heavy usually cost to transport. Therefore, sell the items and buy new items when you reach a new country.
How to pack and ship your personal belongings?
Packing and shipping your belongings can be a tedious task. But if you know the right way to go about it, then you will save time and money.
This is how you pack and ship your belongings:
1. Ask yourself what you need to ship, and why. If you’re moving, then ask yourself whether you really need to ship everything in your house. Think about what’s valuable and what’s unnecessary. Use this as a guide when packing up your boxes.
2. Create a list of all your personal belongings (furniture, appliances, etc.) and make notes on what you should bring to a new place.
Tips for packing and shipping expensive items (such as antiques, artwork, collectibles)
If you are buying or selling something expensive, like collectibles or art, it’s always better to avoid the hassle of shipping. While some pieces can be shipped safely, it’s often not worth the risk of damage or loss. When you need to send something valuable by mail, consider these tips for packing and shipping items that are worth sending.
When you’re packing an object that is very valuable, you should put it in a very thick box. You should then pack the item in layers of bubble wrap, foam peanuts, and so on. A couple of inches of padding between the object so it is securely packed as during shipments items remain undamaged and secured. The more expensive the item you are shipping, the better quality box you will want to use. Use enough packaging materials to protect your product during shipping. Second, make sure that the address is correct. Many times items get lost because of an incorrect address, and if the insurance coverage is provided then do take the insurance as well.
Final thoughts on moving abroad
When moving to a new country, it’s important to know what you are doing. Make sure you make the right choices about how to pack your belongings and which shipping service will be best for you. We have the best immigration consultant who can also provide help in your move to a new country.