Canada is a great nation and it welcomes people of all nationalities. More than any other country in the world, Canada has a wide range of immigration programs to accommodate various needs of immigrants. In fact, there are numerous ways through which an immigrant may be able to gain entry into Canada.
Sponsoring your parents to Canada
Sponsoring your parents to Canada can be a great idea for you to spend quality time with them. Also, it is a great way to help them financially so that they can enjoy their retirement years in a wealthy country like Canada.
Family sponsorship is not just about reuniting families. It also helps you sponsor your parents and enjoy the retirement years with them.
What are the benefits of having your parents immigrate to Canada?
Many people dream of living in Canada. A vast majority will never have the chance to visit, let alone live and work in Canada.
If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, you can sponsor your parents or grandparents to become permanent residents of Canada. The sponsorship process can be very difficult and time consuming but with proper planning, you stand a good chance of receiving approval.
The process involves filling out forms, gathering supporting documents and providing your parents or grandparents with the necessary information so they can submit their application. It is crucial that your application is prepared properly if you want to get approved.
Who can’t sponsor a parent or grandparent
- you haven’t been invited to apply
- you are less than 18 years old
- you won’t live in Canada when you apply to sponsor your parents and grandparents and/or when your parents and grandparents become permanent residents
- Your primary residential address must be in Canada when you submit your application and until we make a decision on your application.
- you are not a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
- you are a temporary resident, that is you are visiting, studying or working in Canada on a visa or permit
- your permanent residence application is still in process
- You must have permanent resident status at the time you submit your sponsorship application.
- your proof of income shows you do not have enough money to support the people you want to sponsor
What are the documents needed and what is the application fee?
First, you need to submit the interest to sponsor form and if they are invited to apply, there are 2 applications that are need to be submitted and reviewed for the parents and grandparents program:
- the sponsorship application and
- the permanent residence application
Fees: Sponsor a parent or grandparent from $1,050. For more information do contact our specialised agents about the complete costs.
The Canadian immigration process can be a scary and stressful time for parents or grandparents. We hope this guide has helped you to understand how the immigration process works and how we can help you to get your family to Canada! If there is anything else we can do to help, please do not hesitate to contact us today.